Highland Games Information and Rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR ENTRY FORM
This is a Scottish Highland Games amateur athletic event hosted by the Celtic Heritage Alliance of McMinnville, OR USA (“CHA”).
June 9th, 2018. Athlete registration begins at 8:15AM; competition starts at 9:00AM. Date: June 10th, 2018. Athlete registration begins at 8:15AM; competition starts at 9:00AM.
Linfield College Campus, 900 SE Baker McMinnville, OR 97128
April 15th, 2018
Pre-Registered competitors will receive two 2-day passes to the McMinnville Scottish Festival and Highland Games (Saturday-Sunday, June 9th-10th, 2018); one official Highland Games T-Shirt for mandatory (except for late registrants) wear during competition; one lunch for each registered athlete on each day of competition. All registered athletes will be exempt from entry fees to the McMinnville Scottish Festival. All athletes must check in at Festival Gate to gain entry prior to proceeding to the athletics field. Shirts will be distributed at the Athlete’s Tent at the games field. T-Shirts will only be distributed to those that attend and compete. Late and walk-on registrants must pay their fee with cash or credit at the gate on the day of competition. Late registrants are not guaranteed an official game shirt.
Weight over Bar, Light and Heavy Weight for Distance, Light and Heavy Hammer Toss, Caber Toss, Competition Caber Toss (Challenge Caber), Sheaf Toss, Braemar and Open Stone Put. The McMinnville Scottish Festival and the CHA reserve the right to add, change, combine, or eliminate scheduled events.
Classes must have 3 or more preregistered athletes to be competed.
Scoring: Hosts will recognize the results as official marks using an aggregate calculation or “decathlon” point system to determine the best of divisional placing, and will publish said results in the NASGA national database.
Athletes must participate in all events (with the exception of the challenges), unless they become injured, in order to qualify for prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the top three athletes for each class. No refunds will be granted after May 1, 2018.
1. Competitors will wear the official 2018 McMinnville Scottish Festival Athlete T-Shirt, a Kilt, and “Highland Hose” at all times while on the athletic field.
2. Athletes should refrain from wearing any earrings, jewelry, watches, or other accessories that could cause injury. Any such wear will be at the Athlete’s own risk.
3. Competitors must compete in all events to be eligible for an overall athlete award.
4. Competitors under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian signature on this form and parent/guardian must be present during competition.
5. Athletes must be registered and present on the field before the first event begins. Athletes not present after 2 minutes must obtain permission from the Athletic Director to compete.
6. All events will be governed by the Scottish Heavy Athletics (SHA) Rules. A full copy can be found online at http://scottishheavyathletics.com/rules.html.
7. Registered athletes are not permitted to consume alcohol during their participation in the games. If an athlete partakes of alcohol during the competition, he/she will be expelled from the competition, forfeit any refund of fees and will not be considered for scoring or prizes.
8. Athletes are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner, including maintaining a friendly and respectful attitude towards the public, staff and other participants. Any athlete who displays poor sportsmanship or engages in inappropriate behavior may, at the Athletic Director’s discretion, be expelled from the Games and forfeit any refund of fees. Depending on severity of behavior, athlete may also be suspended from future McMinnville Scottish Festival events.
9. Decisions of the Judges and Athletic Director are final. The Judge has the ability to disqualify any competitor.